Leaky gut, or “intestinal permeability, is a condition in which the lining of the small intestine becomes porous/ damaged, causing partially digested food particles, toxns, bugs and bacteria to “leak” through the intestines and flood the blood stream.
When working properly, intestinal lining forms a tight barrier that controls what gets absorbed into the bloodstream.
Note: Leaky gut has not received a uniform acceptance in Western Medical science and it’s still very much subject to debates). Research is still emerging on the impact of leaky gut on our health.
Symptoms of leaky gut
- Skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis
- New allergies, food sensitivities, and food intolerances
- Digestive symptoms, including bloating, constipation, diarrhea, or bowel irregularity (which are often diagnosed as “irritable bowelsyndrome” or IBS)
- Candida yeast overgrowth
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Irritable bowel diseases, such as Celiac Disease, Crohn’s disease and ulcertaive colitis
- Autoimmune disease, including Hashimoto & Rheumatoid arthritis
- Depression and anxiety
- Hormonal imbalances, including PMS and estrogen dominance
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Brain fog
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Difficult weight loss (despite eating healthy)
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
Common food ingredients that aggravate leaky gut
- Red meat
- Dairy products
- Processed foods
- Refined carbohydrates
What caused leaky gut?
- Prolonged inflammation in the gut can lead to leaky gut. This can be brought on by low stomach acid (e.g., from skipping meals or Vitamin C deficiency) or candida yeast overgrowth, parasites and excessive environmental toxins and stress.
- Antibiotics & oral contraceptive use upsets the balance of healthy bacterias in gut microbiome and increases your risk of forming tiny clots in your gut’s network of blood vessels.
What to do about leaky gut?
Leaky gut can cause malabsorption and improper digestion, which is going to leave you with nutrients deficiencies.
As long as intestinal permeability remains, your gut will continue to pass partially digested food particles and bacterias to leach into the bloodstream causing “allergic” reactions.
- Discover how 8bioenergy supplement can help to support the healing of your leaky gut, strengthen the immune system and helps you to have a deeper & more restorative sleep. Try it risk-free with 60 days money back!