The Chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS) or Mold Illness affect ~ 25% of the population.
Individuals who have had a severe inflammatory event, such as glandular fever, viral infections, Lyme disease, surgery, or extreme stress are more susceptible to developing this illness.
Symptoms of CIRS
CIRS typically involves symptoms from at least 6 clusters:
Toxic Mold Exposure
The most commonly talked about cause for CIRS is toxic mold exposure. This can happen after prolonged exposure to the interior environment of a Water-Damaged Building (WDB).
Construction defects such as: inappropriate ventilation, faulty construction of crawl spaces, basements exposed to saturated ground water conditions, not correcting water leaks — can cause your home to be a host to black model, fungi, bacteria, mycobacteria, actinomycetes and more.
Although it’s not always visible, the most obvious signs that mold is a problem are black growth in the air vents, in the tile grout of the bathroom, or any other visible surface (especially ceilings where water leaks have occurred). Mold can also grow on sheet rock walls, in basements, drain and drip pans, in the carpet where water or other fluids have spilled. One of the most obvious signs of the presence of mold is the smell of dampness in the home.
In your body, mold spores are most commonly inhaled. Mold grows by releasing spores. These are too small to be seen by the naked eye, so we unfortunately inhale them into our lungs. We can also come into contact with mold through our skin. For example, you may touch a surface that has unseen mold on it and then later touch your face or an open sore where the mold can get inside your body. Once inside the body, mold causes health problems and can cause these mild-symptoms illness.
Symptoms of Mold Illness
- Memory problems, brain fog, trouble with focus & concentration
- Anxiety & depression
- Fatigue, weakness, post-exercise malaise and fatigue
- Muscle cramping, aches and pains, joint pain without inflammatory arthritis, persistent nerve pain, “ice pick” pain
- Numbness and tingling
- Light sensitivity, red eyes, and/or blurred vision
- Sinus problems, cough, shortness of breath, air hunger, asthma-like symptoms
- Persistent nerve pain
- Abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, appetite changes
- Night sweats or other problems with temperature regulation
- Excessive thirst, increased urination, weight gain, metallic taste
Reversing mold-induced damage to your health
We recommend the following lifestyle changes:
- Invest in HEPA air filter to eliminate mold spores by filtering the airborne spores from the air and trapping them within the filter unit
- Maintain a clean diet and avoid ingredients that aggravate the mold-induced damage and inflammation, such as: sugar, alcohol, yeast additives and foods high in starch
Mold toxins suppresses the immune system, damage and kill cells, cause cancer and birth defects, impair mitochondrial function and the nervous system. Taking supplements to help support the immune system by augmenting the detoxification systems, heal leaky gut, reducing inflammation, and boosting the mitochondria for cellular energy production will be helpful. Find out how 8bioenergy supplement can help you jump-start your healing process.