UNBEARABLE “Chronic Fatigue” symptoms for > 6 months?
- Constant Fatigue – more than usual tiredness that can be relieved by rest, you’re always on low energy, feeling tired all the time. This includes daytime sleepiness, but you suddenly feel a little bit better at night. It’s like your body clock is completely out of whack
- Gut health symptoms – most commonly, IBS-like symptoms from chronic diarrhea, sensitivities to food ingredients such as gluten & dairy
- Anxiety & depression-like / Cognitive decline symptoms – such as: low motivation, difficulty concentrating, CAN’T focus, or struggling to be productive at work, brain fog, short-term memory problems or “senior moments” which can be extremely embarrassing when trying to keep up a conversation!
- WORST of all: you can’t seem to get a good night sleep – tt either takes you hours to fall asleep, insomnia, can’t sleep through the night, sleep that does not feel refreshing)
If you answer “YES” to these symptoms, please read this article until the end. We promise that you will find significant value in this article. This article will allow you to take charge of your health & get your health back on track.
What’s REALLY Wrong with Your Health?
If you suffered from a COMBINATION of the Chronic Fatigue symptoms mentioned above, this is likely to be what’s wrong with your health. This is the outcome of our research over the last 2 years. No one had put it together in an easy-to-understand article, we thought we’d be the first one to.
What we’ve discovered about your health:
Fact #1: Prolonged state of Leaky gut
It may all once started with chronic Vitamin C deficiency. Left untreated, this has progressively become worse.
When there is a vitamin C deficiency, the collagen protein that lines your gut becomes weak. Weak collagen causes pores/ enlarged capillaries to form in the gut lining. This is a start of the “leaky gut”, a slight damage to your gut lining.
What happens when there is a “leaky gut” is that partially-digested proteins from the food you eat passes through the gut pores — into the bloodstream. This triggers an immune response by the activation of your anti inflammatory response ( called the “nfkb pathway”) to form antibodies to fight off infection by foreign objects.
Prolonged leaky gut means the nfkb anti-inflammatory pathway and other metabolic pathways are chronically activated.
With leaky gut, your immune system becomes constantly active. This places a huge demand on the body for energy for which the body is not able to meet.
Your body taps into the energy reserve (ATP) and uses it faster than it’s able to produce.
ATP used > ATP produced = low ATP
Fact #2: Low ATP & Low Glutathione Level
“ATP” is the body’s energy reserve that is produced at the Mitochondria (plural form or “mitochondrion cells”). There are trillion of mitochondrion cells found throughout the body.
To put it simply, your body’s thirst for energy depletes ATP energy reserve fast, causing stress on the mitochondria.
The ATP molecule is also used to fuel the production of Glutathione – which is your body’s no.1 master protective antioxidant. Because there is not enough ATP, the Glutathione level in your body dips below normal.
Note: It’s common for Glutathione level to decline with age and this sets the stage for a wide range of age-related health problems, as scientists have discovered.
When you have low Glutathione level, there is an increased concentration of dangerous & highly reactive free radicals and this has a wide-ranging implication to the quality of your DNA gene expression/ “epigenetics”.
DNA Gene expression/ “epigenetics” determine the manifestation of every aspect of your body :
- The quality of your hair, nail, skin (e.g. brittle vs strong nails, wrinkled vs supple skin, etc)
- The quality of your physical health (e.g. fit & healthy vs cancer)
- The quality of your mental health (e.g. healthy brain vs anxiety, depression, alzheimer’s)
DNA gene expression is a complex topic. As a quick example: smoking is a source of free radicals that disrupts the normal production of DNA & RNA and changes the lipids (fat) ratio in the cell membranes. With less lipid in our skin cells, this can cause premature aging & wrinkled skin.
Glutathione is the #1 ingredient that your body needs to resist the toxic stresses of everyday life from:
- Externally – in 21st century, we are constantly exposed to various toxins in our environment from air pollutants, household products or bad lifestyle habit such as through consumption of junk food smoking
- Internally – against free radical damage, virus, parasites, bacteria, yeast infection etc.
With low Glutathione, your body ends up in a state of oxidative stress, thus, you will have low immunity and feel fatigued!
When there is not enough ATP:
- Your body struggles to perform its function optimally. This includes sleep & rest. As during rest, your brain consumes approximately 20% of the entire body’s energy, placing a high demand on cellular mitochondria.
- Your body is also not able to produce adequate Glutathione. Glutathione is used in various functions in your body, most importantly to guard your body against free radicals & toxins.
If you suffer from chronic fatigue symptoms, you’re highly likely to have low ATP & low Glutathione level.
Fact #3: Low Vagal Tone / Vagus Nerve Inflammation
What’s happening in the background while your body is suffering from prolonged leaky gut, low ATP and a low glutathione – you have the vagus nerve performing its function.
The Vagus Nerve is a critical component of the parasympathetic nervous system which is responsible for your rest-and-digest function.
The Vagus Nerve connects the brain to the gut, with branches that wander through a number of other different organs such as the heart, kidney, the liver etc. The vagus nerve conveys bi-directional messages between the brain & gut and the various organs.
During leaky gut, the vagus nerve detects pro-inflammatory cytokine being released, then sends a message to the brain to let it know that there is an attack & to activate the immune response.
Because of your leaky gut, the vagus nerve senses inflammation constantly (chronic inflammation), transmitting the message to the brain that the body is under constant attack.
As a matter of fact, the state of chronic inflammation causes “low vagal tone” which results in the brain sending reduced communication to the rest of the different organs. This manifests as the following symptoms:
- Increased pain sensation
- Interruption to your digestion and bowel movement, resulting in GI (gastrointestinal) symptoms such as IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Kidney – Frequent urination
- Heart rate fluctuations which reduces the amount of oxygen that gets pumped into the blood. This interrupts with your quality of your sleep.
- Psychiatric symptoms – feeling of anxiety / depression.
Chronic Fatigue Symptoms Untreated for > 6 months +
Systemic Candida Attack
All these activities result in high stress on the body. Stress changes the ph (i.e. the acidity) of the gut juices, thereby killing healthy gut microflora.
Now with an inflammation in the gut, healthy flora destroyed, and the presence of an ulcer possibly due to leaky gut, the growth of candida is favoured.
Candida albicans is a type of fungus / yeast colony that is found in about 90% of the population. This fungus is usually present in the body, but this does NOT generally cause any problems for the healthy individuals.
However, amongst those with compromised immune systems, candida can cause serious systemic infection.
Now with the destruction of healthy flora, Candida starts colonializing the gut which slows down any form of gut healing, which increases inflammation and compounds to a chronic immune system activation.
Heavy Metals Overload
On the other hand, in today’s 21st century, we are exposed to various lifestyle factors and contaminants in our environment that put our health under pressure:
- The food we eat are pesticides-laden & low in nutrients;
- Air Pollutants from toxic fumes in the air, released from factories or petrol/ diesel cars on the road;
- Contamination of water supply;
- Lifestyle habits (alcohol, tobacco smoke, work stress).
Toxic contaminants such as Mercury or Lead can enter our body via inhalation of air pollution. Mercury can also enter the body through food from consumption of fish such as tuna. This enters the gut where it can cause further damage. Also, these contaminants that entered the lungs and the gut eventually gets dispersed in the blood stream and accumulates in the liver or kidney.
With low glutathione, our bodies experience difficulties detoxing these harmful substances out of our body and you end up with a toxic heavy metals overload!
When candida yeast overgrows and heavy metal toxins build up, the first major organ affected is the liver. After months to years of continuing invasion, candida changes from a yeast form (individual, round white cells that are easily kept in balance in a healthy gut) into multi-cellular fungal rods that penetrate into deeper tissue. The liver starts to become overburdened & malfunction.
Your liver performs critical roles such as:
- Detoxifying harmful substances and preventing toxins to accumulate;
- Activating & deactivating various hormones, most importantly melatonin & cortisol hormones which are responsible for your normal sleep-wake cycle.
What you have now is a troubled liver. Your liver struggles to breakdown the cortisol & melatonin hormones at the right time and disrupting this balance. This explains why you’re experiencing sleepiness during the day, but you feel more alert in the evening/ can’t fall asleep at night!
Understanding 70-90% of Your Chronic Fatigue Symptoms
Prolonged state of leaky gut causes changes in the immune response and leaves the body in constant thirst for energy. This depletes the body of ATP – aka draining your body’s energy reserve. With not enough ATP, the body is not able to perform its various functions optimally from inability to rest or sleep and the body’s Glutathione will dip below normal. When there is low Glutathione level in the body, detoxification is interrupted and heavy metals and free radicals accumulate and the body ends up in a state of oxidative stress.
The vagus nerve that connects the brain to various organs senses that the immune system is constantly under attack causing “low vagal tone”. The vagus nerve’s role is to regulate the Parasympathetic Nervous System – which is primarily responsible for your body’s “rest & digest” function. Low vagal tone causes interference with:
- Your body’s ability to have a restful night sleep
- Your GI movement
- Your brain’s communication to various organs, such as heart rate fluctuations, frequent urination, etc.
Chronic activation of the immune system drains body’s reserve of energy/ ATP. When there is not enough ATP (energy reserve), this affects all aspects of bodily function. You experience constant fatigue, you’re not able to achieve a restful night sleep.
While you’re sleeping or resting, the body still consumes a huge amount of ATP/ energy. The body & brain are still active as it performs a number of critical function: repairing broken tissues, consolidating new memories, etc. Lack of ATP explains why your sleep does not feel restorative as your body & brain struggle to reap the full benefits of sleep.
Low ATP leads to low Glutathione level in the body. With low Glutathione, the body suffers from premature aging & oxidative stress as it’s unable to counteract the negative effects from free radicals.
With a suppressed immune system, candida yeast colony thrives, overcrowds gut bacteria, leeches into the blood stream and after a period of time, it will affect the liver function.
The liver is a critical organ which regulates the activation & deactivation of your hormones. The troubled liver is unable to efficiently break down cortisol and/or melatonin hormone, causing potential excess or accumulation that interrupts with the normal sleep-wake cycle.
This is likely to explain 70 – 90% of your chronic fatigue symptoms such as: low energy, inability to rest or get a good restful night sleep, daytime sleepiness, GI symptoms (such as: IBS).