Anxiety, Depression and Problems Sleeping
Psychological struggles such as anxiety & depression are mental health problems that can cause sleeplessness. However, the casual effect is not as straight forward. Sleep problems may represent a symptom of depression. At the same time, insomnia can bring changes in body’s physiology and hormone which will affect sleep and consequently affects physiological & psychological wellbeing.
Sleep problems are amongst the most common complaints of those that suffer from anxiety & depression. Sleep problems can cause your anxiety & depression symptoms to become worse.
Most adults have had some trouble sleeping because they feel worried or nervous or too much thoughts running through their mind.
Anxiety symptoms that can lead to insomnia include:
- Getting caught up in thoughts about the past & the future
- Stressful thoughts or feeling overwhelmed by responsibilities
- Dread or panic at the prospect of not sleeping.
Key Terms of Anxiety
- Finding it hard to concentrate
- Restlessness or an inability to sleep
- Avoidance of ordinary tasks or situations
- Rapid heartbeat
- Trembling or shaking
- Feeling light-headed or faint
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Upset stomach or nausea
Sleep problems may represent a symptom of depression. Psychological struggles such as depression can make it hard to sleep. At the same time, insomnia can bring changes in body’s physiology and hormone which will affect sleep.
Depression symptoms are:
- Low energy
- Low motivation or loss of interest
- Feelings of sadness or hopelessness
Studies show that insomnia can also trigger or worsen depression. The risk of severe insomnia is much higher in patients with major depressive disorders.
How to Overcome Sleeping Problems when You have Anxiety and Depression Symptoms
- Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) can help manage and reduce mild anxiety with the assistance of a trained health professional, who can equip you with the skills necessary to face your anxiety.
- Try breathing and relaxation techniques, such as meditation or deep breathing
- Regular physical activity, such as going for a 10-minute walk every day or pottering in your garden, can help with mood balance and managing mild anxiety.
- Discover how our all-natural supplement can help to support the health of your gut, immune system and improves your sleep! Having a good night sleep can do wonders to your anxiety & depression symptoms, give it a try with 60 days money back!